Thursday, December 1, 2011

Have a green Christmas: Ingrid Callot shares eco-friendly gift ideas for the holidays.

Christmas is a big deal in my house. And it’s not just because I, Ingrid Callot, am the best friend of Oprah, the Dalai Lama, and Martha Stewart (in my head, at least). Christmas is a big deal in my house for myself, my husband Roger, and my son Jacob because it’s a lot of fun and it means quality time for us all.


From Ingrid Callot Album


Me and my best friend Edgardo Versoza also take Christmas seriously, because it gives us an instant excuse to shop.
We decided to try beating the holiday rush recently and stepped out to at least window shop for prospective presents for our loved ones.
From Ingrid Callot Album
Some of the things we spotted include:
· LED lightbulbs
· Organic clothing (“Ingrid Callot, explain cheesecloth to me?” a confused Edgardo had asked me)
· Organic cotton towels
· Paper mache bags
· Paper mache ornaments
· Plastic bag dryer
· Showerhead with mist setting
· Solar battery charger
· Solar radio
· Solar flashlight
· Shade- grown coffee
We had a lot of fun going in and out of various shops looking only for things that fell under the ‘eco-friendly’ category. It seemed to baffle some salespeople, but we didn’t mind, because what we wound up finding was certainly worth it. While it seems Christmas is only three weeks away, time flies, and it’s always best to be prepared.
From Ingrid Callot Album
For more gift ideas, follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment