Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lovin' rubbin' and scrubbin': Ingrid Callot on keeping it clean and green

Ingrid Callot Photo Credit: http://www.eburcat.com/


Apart from managing closet mayhem and riding off lawns of pests and weeds, I, green queen and recycling enthusiast Ingrid Callot, love writing about how I plan to lead an army of recyclists and to conquer the world with our green ideas.

During my free time, I search for DIY ideas, from revamping the living room to coming up with the perfect Christmas presents. While my son Jacob enjoys the recreation, my husband Roger loves driving down to Costco to pick out the materials we would use.

Photo Credit: Ingrid Callot


Although one will typically find me in the garden sowing seeds or in the kitchen adding my own special spin to homemade brownies, I’m neither a green thumb nor a homebody. One of my biggest dreams? I, Ingrid Callot, fancy road tripping with my three favorite people in the world: Oprah Winfrey, Martha Stewart, and the Dalai Lama. We would have a playlist loaded with legendary tunes by the rock gods such as The Proclaimers’ 500 Miles or The Foo Fighters’ Keep It Clean on loop, as Martha and the Lama take turns at the wheel.

“Keep it clean, my mama said keep it clean…
Keep it clean, my Daddy said keep it clean…
Rubbin' and a lovin' and a scrubbin' and a truckin'…
Know what I mean, keep it clean…”

I first heard The Foo Fighters’ single when my friend Edgardo Versoza came to visit. He was holding up a huge cassette player on one shoulder like he zapped into the future from the past. Standing on my front porch with a shocked face, he blurted out loud, “Ingrid Callot, are you insane? Why is your garden full of weeds?”

Photo Credit: House and Home


That’s when I knew I had to take my oath to green living seriously. Now, here in my corner of the Web, you can browse through my collection of green ideas that aren’t just friendly to Mother Earth, but are also friendly to your budget.

Follow my updates on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment