Monday, September 3, 2012

Back to school: Ingrid Callot's healthy snacks for kids

Ingrid Callot. Image credit: health-and-beauty-information.blogspot.com

Hi! It’s me, Ingrid Callot, at your service once again. Now that my son, Jacob, is back in school, I have to come up with snacks he will love and enjoy eating. Of course, I want his snacks to be delicious, but they also have to be nutritious and easy to prepare. Although I take pleasure in creating snacks from scratch, I also hit the grocery for healthy and yummy treats that won’t spoil appetites before meals. Here are some of my son’s favorites:  

Roasted almonds

Good thing my little one is not allergic to nuts. I always include a small bag of whole roasted salted almonds in his lunch box. They’re not just crunchy, they’re also low in cholesterol and sodium. And they’re a good source of magnesium, Vitamin E, and manganese.

Ingrid Callot. Image credit: elanaspantry.com

Ingrid Callot is a mother and wife who loves to blog about eco-friendly tips on housekeeping.

Granola bars

This is a staple in our house. My hubby loves these and they’re Jacob’s favorite, too. I usually prepare batches of homemade bars at home. But if I don’t have the time to do so, I just hit the local store and get boxes of these. Jacob loves the chewy ones, but there is also the crispy kind.
Ingrid Callot. Image credit: quakeroats.com

Apple cider-flavored juice

This calcium and Vitamin C-rich beverage is very low in saturated fat and cholesterol. Drinking apple juice improves my son’s digestion and helps eliminate harmful toxins from the tummy.

Ingrid Callot. Image credit: en.wikipedia.org

Learn more of Ingrid Callot’s green ideas on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment